Monday, November 17, 2008

My Heart is too Small

Monday, November 17, 2008
I AM ANGRY. PERHAPS MY HEART IS TOO SMALL?

"If your cup is small, a little bit of salt will make the water salty. If your heart is small, then a little bit of pain can make you suffer. Your heart must be large."

“I would not look upon anger as something foreign to me that I have to fight...I have to deal with my anger with care, with love, with tenderness, with nonviolence.”

“Just because anger or hate is present does not mean that the capacity to love and accept is not there; love is always with you.”

“In a time of anger or despair, even if we feel overwhelmed, our love is still there. Our capacity to communicate, to forgive, to be compassionate is still there. You have to believe this. We are more than our anger, we are more than our suffering. We must recognize that we do have within us the capacity to love, to understand, to be compassionate, always.”


~ Thich Nhat Hanh ~



Some Things on My Mind Right Now:

1. A challenge for those who call themselves CHRISTIAN ~ link

2. The planet has become too crowded for moral superiority and greed masquerading as altruism ~ lose the ego already.

3. I am tired of individuals who take, take, take from the bounty of others, and then cowardly run and hide when they receive their bounty. People like this just eat away at society, from the inside out.

4. God, give me the strength to overcome the anger of my ego ... and continue to love those who prove very hard to love. A great, painful anger oozes from my Self. Its so heated ... its vapourizing itself into my psyche. Its hurting me. Make it go away, please.

5. I still possess the capacity for love, despite this anger that sits upon my heart like a giant, heavy scab.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aaannnd..here's some LOVE from me to you!
Have a great day!

Anonymous said...

yes...
what prism said..
sending love your way.
i truly hope you have a blessed day ..
XO

Anonymous said...

I just clicked on the link and read the other blog post. And yes, what a feeling of frustration those people in California must be feeling, having their rights taken away from them like that. I was gobsmacked at what happened. Ignorance still prevails, doesn't it?

I hope you're feeling a bit better today!